stick to my football," he added. "I know the c | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 Apr 17
MIAMI -- When the Utah Jazz (6-4) invade AmericanAirlines Arena on Saturday night, they will be looking to beat the Miami Heat (2-5) and put an exclamation point on what has so far been an excellent road trip. Benoit Pouliot Jersey .When the Jazz left home a little more than a week ago, they were a .500 team at 3-3. But they have since gone 3-1, including an 87-74 win over the Orlando Magic on Friday night.Saturdays game will be Utahs fifth in seven nights.You have to be mentally tough, Jazz shooting guard Rodney Hood told the media. This is the end of the trip. We have to be smart and focused.An interesting aspect of this winning road trip is that most of it has been accomplished without starting point guard George Hill, who is second on the team in scoring (20.4) and first in assists (5.0).Hill has missed the past three games due to a sprained right thumb, and the 30-year-old veteran was the teams key offseason acquisition.Dante Exum, a 6-6 Australian and the No. 5 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, has been starting in Hills place, although his numbers this season are modest -- 6.3 points, 1.7 assists.Fortunately for the Jazz, 6-8 small forward Gordon Hayward just keeps getting better -- he has led Utah in scoring in each of the past three years. This season, he is leading again, averaging 25.7 points.Hood, a 6-6 former Duke star, is also improving. He averaged 8.5 points as a rookie, 14.5 points last season and is at 17.9 this year. Derrick Favors (10.6 points, 7.6 rebounds) is a solid veteran at power forward and is capable of more -- he averaged 16.4 points last season.Rounding out the Utah starting lineup is 7-1 French center Rudy Gobert, who is nearly averaging a double-double -- 9.3 points, 10.3 rebounds and 2.2 blocks.Gobert, who will be a restricted free agent after this season, should have an interesting matchup on Saturday against Heat center Hassan Whiteside, who got paid this past summer.Whiteside, who signed a four-year, $98 million extension with Miami, is averaging 17.9 points and 14.7 rebounds -- monster numbers.Still, Whitesides heroics are not enough for the Heat, who are on a three-game losing streak. The skid could have been six in a row had Miami not escaped with an overtime win over the Sacramento Kings.Whiteside stated what is pretty obvious, that there has been a talent drain on the Heat and that losing Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh off of last seasons team has hurt him in particular.With D-Wade, I never had to work on it, said Whiteside, explaining that his former teammate would often feed him lobs that led to easy dunks. He just saw it.Whiteside is still putting up impressive numbers -- he had 20 points and a season-high 20 rebounds on Thursday against the Chicago Bulls. But the lob dunks arent there as much, and Miami lacks the perimeter shooting to make teams pay for sagging and doubling on Whiteside.If teams collapse on Hassan, we have to be ready to make a play, said Miamis Justise Winslow, who could be emerging as a point forward. We would love to get Hassan lobs. But we have to read the defense and take what they give us. We cant force.Perhaps Saturday is the night the Heat break out of their slump. After all, the Jazz, who have former Heat forward Joe Johnson as part of their bench brigade, have talked openly about fatigue setting in at the end of this trip.Weve played a lot of games, Hayward said. It feels like weve been on the road for quite a while now. Paul Coffey Jersey . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Matt Benning Jersey . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.authentichockeyshopoilers.com/Wayne-Gretzky-Jersey/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St.It was like any other day for Luis Silva. The Toronto FC midfielder had got his ankles taped and was getting ready for practice Tuesday when he was called up to manager Ryan Nelsens office. "He told me D.C. (United) made an offer and I was getting traded," the 24-year-old Silva said. "An hour later, D.C. called me and I had to get on a plane at 5:20 (p.m.)." Such is the world of pro sports. Seventeen hours later, Silva was training with his new team. "I was surprised as everyone else," Silva said Wednesday of the trade. "Im still a little shocked." Taken by Toronto fourth overall in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft, Silva quickly worked himself in the lineup and went on to make 44 first-team league appearances in a season and a half. The five-foot-11, 170-pounder had five goals and five assists as a rookie, with two assists in 14 games this season. Toronto received allocation money in exchange for Silva, possibly opening up the way for more signings. Silvas US$105,400 salary --it could be more if the team used allocation money to pay down his wages -- also comes off the TFC books. "We really like Luis, hes been great for Toronto," Nelsen said Wednesday. "It was a really tough decision to make." Nelsen says the club may be able to sign two players, using the money cleared by Silvas departure. And he was blunt about the California natives future with the club. "Would Luis be starting once we bring these players in? Im not sure. Boyd Gordon Jersey. " said Nelsen. "His cap space gives us the potential to bring in two starters. So its two starters over a potential player who might be on the bench." Nelson also pointed to the likes of Jonathan Osorio and Reggie Lambe as midfield options. "I feel awkward about it because I really like Luis," said Nelsen. "But in the end its an unfortunate business and its cap room that gives us potentially two starters." Reached in Washington, Silva was classy about his departure, thanking Toronto FC and its fans for their support. "It was an honour to be part of that organization," he said. "Everyone was great to me," he added. "I just have nothing but positive things to say about them." Silva said he believes his play was more consistent this season, despite the lack of goals. And while he said he was happy to play anywhere, he believes attacking midfielder is his best position. Toronto used him in a variety of roles, from midfield to striker, depending on need. The trade sends him from a 2-8-7 team to a 2-13-4 club. "I just have to look forward, move on," he said. "D.C.s my new team." "Im just going to stick to my football," he added. "I know the coach knows Im a decent player and I can hold my ground. Obviously, I have a lot to improve and thats what Im going to do here." NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Jerseys WholesaleChina NFL JerseysStitched JerseysChina JerseysDiscount NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys China ' ' '