uspension. Beckham says Ibrahimovics overhead-kick against England in 2012 was the strikers best goal United are sixth | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM Sep 12
The story till thenKarnam Malleswari began lifting weights at the age of 13, inspired by her older sister. Pat LaFontaine Islanders Jersey . She made her first splash by clinching the bronze medal in the 54kg category at the 1993 world championships. In the next two years she won gold and emerged as one of the best weightlifters in the world. She was awarded the countrys highest sporting honour - the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna - in 1995. Three years later she bagged silver at the Asian Games in Bangkok in the 63kg category.The moment In Sydney in 2000, Malleswari became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal when she took bronze in the 69kg category. She lifted a total weight of 240kg, finishing third behind Chinas Lin Weining and Hungarys Erzsebet Markus, who both lifted an Olympic record of 242.5kgs. Malleswari attempted a load of 137.5 kg in her final lift, but failed (her total would have been 247.5 if she had been successful), thus missing out on the gold.Twelve years later, in 2012, Saina Nehwal and MC Mary Kom joined Malleswari as the only Indian women to win Olympic medals.The reaction I was confident that I could have easily won gold in Sydney, but that day was not mine. In pursuit of creating a new Olympic record, I missed the gold medal and had to settle for a bronze. - Karnam MalleswariExpert view Malleswari was a trailblazer for womens sport in India. After she won her medal, it inspired many of us to believe that we can get there too. I was a teenager at the time and from the same city as her, Hyderabad. She was definitely a huge role model for me. - Sania Mirza, Indian tennis playerThe story since After her feat in Sydney, Malleswari set her sights on the 2004 Athens Olympics. However, she could not register a score in the competition and retired immediately after the tournament, complaining that despite her Olympic medal she had received very little support or encouragement. She is married to a fellow weightlifter, Rajesh Tyagi. Denis Potvin Islanders Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Mathew Barzal Islanders Jersey . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. http:///...as-islanders-jersey/ . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win.David Beckham says Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still among footballs best as the Manchester United striker won Swedens Golden Ball for the 11th time. Ibrahimovic, who was Beckhams team-mate at Paris Saint-Germain before the former England captain retired, has been awarded Swedens best player accolade every year since 2005 - bar 2006 - and will be honoured with a statue outside the Friends Arena - the countrys national stadium.  Sky Sports Black Friday sale Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price! Beckham paid tribute to his close friend Ibrahimovic in a video message at the awards ceremony on Monday, and revealed why he is delighted the 35-year-old Swede is now at his beloved United. His physique, his passion, his love for the game, hasnt changed, Beckham said, as reported by TV4Sport . Hes still one of the greatest players that has ever played the game - one of the reasons why Im happy he is now playing at Manchester United, my team. Thanks for that, Zlatan.  Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored six Premier League goals for United this season On accepting his award, Ibrahimovic said: It feels unreal. Many are thinking Why him? and so on, but after all the hard work over 15 years in the national team and 20 years in my club career, it feels like its being appreciated.You usually get this after you die, but I still feel alive. When I die, this (statue) will live on forever.Beckham also admitted his favourite Ibrahimovic goal was his 30-yard overhead kick for Sweden in their 4-2 win over England in 2012, insisting only the United forward is capable of scoring such a goal. Ibrahimovic has scored six Premier League goals for Jose Mourinhos side this season after signing for the club in the summer, but missed the 1-1 draw with Arsenal on Saturday due to suspension.  Beckham says Ibrahimovics overhead-kick against England in 2012 was the strikers best goal United are sixth in the table, nine points behind leaders Chelsea, but Beckham revealed Ibrahimovic will not tolerate losing. Cal Clutterbuck Jersey. #160;For me, Zlatan is a player who has class, always wants to win, and he proved that when I moved to PSG, said Beckham. He was one of those players that it doesnt matter whether we were playing an important match in the French league, or on the training field, he wanted to win. Highlights of Uniteds 1-1 draw with Arsenal on Saturday If he wasnt winning, he was like one of my children. He would get upset, he would get angry, he would lose it. Not that my kids lose it, but Zlatan does. For me he is a winner. Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price. Hurry, offer ends December 4! Also See: Carra on underrated Mata Carrick the answer for Utd Allen over Ozil on UEFA list Jose: Why I left Rooney out ' ' '