Pete Rose Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dan yu Nov 8

MIAMI — The Miami Marlins Chuck Klein Jersey , dead last in the major leagues in attendance, conclude their 2018 home schedule Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds.The Marlins, who are averaging just over 9,000 fans per game, trail the next-worst team, the Tampa Bay Rays, by more than 200,000 in total attendance.Miami’s 2018 attendance is the worst by a major league team since the Expos’ final season in Montreal in 2004.Article continues below ...Sunday’s home finale likely won’t draw big numbers either as the Marlins (61-93) have the worst win-loss record in the National League, and the Reds (66-90) are also a last-place team.In addition, the Marlins will have to compete with the NFL as the Miami Dolphins — off to a promising start at 2-0 — will host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday. The Marlins and the Dolphins are set to start at 1 p.m. ET.Meanwhile, Marlins CEO Derek Jeter has indicated that manager Don Mattingly will be allowed to return in 2019 to fulfill the final season of his four-year contract.“Is he going to be back in 2019?” Jeter said when asked. “He’s under contract, so yeah.”Jeter, who was used to winning or at least competing for World Series titles during his days as a New York Yankees shortstop, is having to preach patience with this Marlins team.“Where we are starting from, the only way to go is up,” Jeter said. “This is a transitional year for us to learn as much as possible about the organization.”In Sunday’s game, Miami will start rookie right-hander Trevor Richards (3-9 http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-jimmy-foxx-jersey , 4.95 ERA). Cincinnati gives the ball to right-hander Michael Lorenzen (3-1, 3.03).Richards, who has struck 113 batters in 112 2/3 innings, is known for his changeup, which often gets swings and misses down in the zone.However, he has not won a game since he beat the Philadelphia Phillies on July 14.In three starts this month, he is 0-2 with an 11.12 ERA.Meanwhile, Lorenzen broke into the majors in 2015, pitching in 27 games (21 starts) and posting a 4-9 record with a 5.40 ERA.But Lorenzen was strictly a reliever in 2016, when he posted a 2-1 record and a 2.88 ERA, and again last year (8-4, 4.45 ERA).This year, Lorenzen was again a reliever for his first 42 appearances, but in his only start, he allowed one hit, one walk and one run (unearned) in four innings against the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday.It was his first start after having made 151 consecutive relief appearances.“I’ve been saying, ‘Give me a chance! Give me a chance!'” Lorenzen said after his Reds beat the Brewers 3-1. “They gave me a chance against a good lineup Darren Daulton Jersey , and I was excited. It was like, ‘Man, I better step up’.”Lorenzen, 26, did just that, striking out three batters, inducing weak contact and getting Brewers batters to expand the zone.Lorenzen, a native of Anaheim, Calif., was the 38th overall pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, selected by the Reds out of Cal State Fullerton.At 6 feet 3, 215 pounds, Lorenzen can muscle up his fastball, which averages an impressive 95 mph.He has a 2.63 ERA this month overall and a 2.62 ERA on the road for the season — two trends that could bode well for him Sunday. KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Salvador Perez got the big hit, though Adalberto Mondesi may have made the biggest plays.Before Alex Gordon’s walk and Perez’s game-winning single in the 10th inning, the fourth walk-off RBI of his career and second in two weeks http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-maikel-franco-jersey , it was Mondesi’s two-out walk and two steals that set the stage for the Kansas City Royals‘ 2-1 victory over the Cleveland Indians on Thursday night.“His aggressiveness was great, but also his patience was fantastic in that last at-bat,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. “You kept thinking, ‘OK, if you get on, the chances of us winning this game are going to be great, even with two outs,’ because you know — boom — he’s going to put himself in scoring position and we’re just a hit away.”Neil Ramirez (0-3), who retired the first two hitters in the 10th, tried to get Mondesi to chase a full-count slider down and in.Mondesi laid off the pitch, then reached 30 steals in 72 games played this season after swiping second and third.A year ago, Mondesi probably hacks away and the teams may still be playing.“It just shows you his growth and how far he’s come, because last year that was an automatic swing 3-2 for a strikeout,” Yost said. “He’s made tremendous strides there.”Mondesi also hit his 13th home run for the Royals (57-102) — no longer in danger of matching the franchise record of 106 losses, set in 2005 — and made a game-saving defensive play in the eighth inning.The Indians had runners at second and third with two outs when Yandy Diaz chopped a slow roller between third baseman Hunter Dozier and Mondesi, who made a quick scoop and an off-balance throw to get a diving Diaz.“We practice on that every day,” Mondesi said of throwing across his body Tim McCarver Jersey , “so when it comes in the game it’s a lot easier for us.”Yost was more effusive about the play.“That is a play in that situation that very few shortstops are going to make, because it does require such athleticism, such range and such arm strength to be able to complete that play,” Yost said.Jason Hammel (4-14) worked a scoreless 10th, one of five relievers the Royals used in five scoreless innings from the bullpen.The AL Central champion Indians (89-70), who are locked into an AL Divisional Series matchup beginning next week with the reigning world champion Houston Astros, got their only run in the first.Francisco Lindor led off with a single, took second on a botched pickoff attempt and went to third on a balk by Royals starter Glenn Sparkman. Lindor scored on Jose Ramirez’s one-out sacrifice fly.Josh Tomlin pitched well for the Indians in his final audition for a postseason roster spot. He went 4 2/3 innings, allowing Mondesi’s only homer in the third with five strikeouts and no walks.“I’ve finally gotten to the point where I know what my body’s going to do,” Tomlin said. “I’m not trying to force the issue. I’m just out there throwing, playing catch. It seems like I’m just playing catch.”Tomlin, who has a 6.14 ERA this season, remains a longshot for the ALDS roster, but manager Terry Francona was encouraged by what he saw.“One cutter for the solo homer, kind of came across the plate, but other than that he spun the ball good,” Francona said. “I thought his cutter was as crisp as we’ve seen. He got some kind of funky swings with it and stayed off the barrel.”HITS LEADERThe Royals’ Whit Merrifield had two hits and moved into the major league lead with 188 Pete Rose Jersey , one ahead of Atlanta’s Freddie Freeman. Merrifield has 53 multi-hit games on the season.HISTORIC THIEVERYGreg Allen has 21 steals after swiping second and third in the 10th inning. That gives the Indians four players — Jose Ramirez (34), Francisco Lindor (23), Rajai Davis (21) and Allen (21) — with at least 20 steals in a season for the first time since 1911, when the franchise was still called the Naps. “It’s something that we believe in and can help us make a difference,” Francona said. “That’s sometimes something that gets overlooked, and we certainly don’t want to.”TRAINER’S ROOMRoyals: The Royals are healthy except for four players on the long-term disabled list — 3B Cheslor Cuthbert (strained lower back), OF Jorge Soler (fractured toe), RHP Jesse Hahn (elbow surgery) and RHP Nate Karns (elbow inflammation). LHP Danny Duffy (shoulder inflammation) also has been shut down for the season.Indians: INF Erik Gonzalez entered the concussion protocol after getting hit in the head by a pitch against the White Sox on Wednesday. Francona said Gonzalez experienced some nausea after getting beaned, but “is doing much, much better.” Gonzalez traveled with the team but there is no timetable for his return. … 1B Yonder Alonso got the day off. … Francona said OF Michael Brantley, who left Tuesday’s game after fouling a pitch off his right calf and then returned to the lineup Wednesday, sat for his regular day off and has no lingering effects.UP NEXTIndians RHP Mike Clevinger (12-8, 3.07 ERA) will make his final start of the regular season opposite Royals RHP Ian Kennedy (3-8, 4.59) as Francona gets his rotation set for the playoffs.