share different ideas of football and other sports.I hope what we discussed will help in the ma | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 Jul 11
Thanks, Miami Heat. Arizona Cardinals Josh Rosen Jersey .The Memphis Grizzlies, 10-5 and riding a six-game win streak, probably would like to give a tip of the proverbial cap to the Heat for the eight-year apprenticeship served in Miami by David Fizdale, who obviously learned his lessons well.Fizdale, the rookie Grizzlies head coach who worked under Erik Spoelstra with the Heat, faces his former boss Friday night when Miami visits Memphis. The teams also face each other again Saturday night in Miami.Were brothers, Fizdale said when asked about Spoelstra. I wouldnt have this job if it werent for him.It will be a bittersweet reunion for Spoelstra, who is happy for Fiz but also engrossed in trying to turn around the 4-10 Heat, who have lost two games in a row and are in next-to-last place in the Eastern Conference, tied with the Brooklyn Nets.The Heat are in the midst of a rough week. On Wednesday, they lost to the Pistons by 23 points. Detroit is coached by another ex-Heat coach, Stan Van Gundy. On Monday, they lost to the worst team in the East, the Philadelphia 76ers.Despite his troubles, Spoelstra texts Fizdale often, offering encouragement when needed.Asked what advice he gives Fizdale, Spoelstra chuckled.I dont have to tell him anything, Spoelstra said. Hes an excellent coach.Fizdale, 42, is not only a good coach, but he is courageous, too. One of his first major decisions upon being hired as Grizzlies coach was to bench power forward Zach Randolph, a two-time NBA All-Star and still a productive player at age 35.Randolph, who averaged 15.3 points and 7.8 rebounds last season, now anchors the second unit. He is averaging eight fewer minutes per game but is still producing 14.2 points and 7.9 rebounds.Instead of going with Randolph, Fizdale is building his team around 29-year-old point guard Mike Conley, who is leading his team in scoring (19.6 per game) and assists (5.9).Since the Grizzlies gave Conley a five-year, $153 million contract last summer, it was obvious the point guard was the player Grizzlies management wanted to build around.To enhance that decision, Fizdale wanted to try to surround Conley with perimeter shooters and 7-foot-1 center Marc Gasol, who is a highly skilled and versatile big man. Gasol, 32, is averaging 17.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.9 assists.I dont enter into these decisions lightly, Fizdale said when asked about benching Randolph. It took a lot of thought and a lot of sleepless nights.In the end, Fizdale pulled the trigger on his choice and now starts Conley, sweet-shooting wing guard Troy Daniels, small forward (and defensive pest) Tony Allen, power forward JaMychal Green and Gasol.Besides Randolph, the other key bench players are 40-year-old wing Vince Carter as well as guard Andrew Harrison and forward Jarell Martin.Three Grizzlies players are out with injuries: small forwards James Ennis (strained calf) and Chandler Parsons (left knee bone bruise) and power forward Brandan Wright (left ankle tendinitis). Ennis, a former Heat player, and Parsons, a Florida native, should return in two weeks. Wright is out one more month.Fizdale, who obviously knows the Heat personnel very well, will try to devise a plan to contain Miami center Hassan Whiteside, who leads the NBA in rebounding (15.4) and ranks second in blocks (2.57). He also averages 18.3 points.Whiteside is playing as well as any big man in the league, Van Gundy said after Detroit routed the Heat on Wednesday. His numbers are mind-boggling.The Heat and Grizzlies split their two matchups last season, but the Heat havent won in Memphis since February 2010.Miami could be without its starting backcourt Friday as point guard Goran Dragic (elbow) and wing Dion Waiters (groin) are battling injuries. Miami is already without starting small forward Justise Winslow (left wrist) and backup center Willie Reed (right knee).This would be the sixth game in a row Winslow misses. For Reed, it would be his third straight.Neither team is an offensive machine. Memphis ranks 25th in the league in scoring, and Miami ranks 28th. And if Dragic and Waiters join Winslow on the sideline, that could slow Miamis offense even more. In that scenario, the Heat would be counting primarily on Whiteside and guards Tyler Johnson and Josh Richardson. Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Hoodies .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Arizona Cardinals Korey Cunningham Jersey . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. http://www.cheapcardinalsjerseys.us/ . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Eddie Jones popped in to visit Southampton on Wednesday in the latest of his trips to pick the brains of coaches from other sports. Here we round up what he learned from each fact-finding mission.Jones on the coachesPep Guardiola (Then at Bayern Munich - Now at Manchester City)I went to Bayern Munich and met Pep Guardiola. It was absolutely fascinating. I watched him taking a training session and it made me embarrassed by my coaching -- he was so bloody brilliant.He has got some of the best players in the world -- Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben and Thomas Muller -- and he just worked them so hard.It was -3C and they came off the field dripping with sweat, they had worked that hard. And they play like 45 games a year. That really reinforced for me how much there is in players.Guus Hiddick (Then at Chelsea)I talked with Guus Hiddink about coaching and managing players and it was the best hour Ive spent. Ive always wanted to meet him because I like the work hes done.We had a cameraman when I coached the Wallabies who had worked with the Socceroos and he told me how he operated. He only had the team for 100 days and he turned them around. Then he did that job with South Korea where he took them from nowhere to come fourth in the World Cup.Orica-BikeExchange?(Tour de France)(When asked what he learnt from spending time with Orica-BikeExchange): Those professional riders with Orica, and particularly those Yates boys. They cycled for nine days, then they have a day off, and the players get together, not the coaches, and they say, Right, this is our recovery for tomorrow, were going to cycle for two hours in the mountains.It was horrendous - I got tired sitting in the car. They started in 35 degrees in Spain and they ended up in Andorra in 10 degrees, and its pouring down with rain. They finish that, they have a quick bite to eat, theyre staying in a three-star hotel, its not flash, and they make the decision on what theyre going to do the next day. Thats being professional.Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)I like the way Wengers teams play. He always plays a really positive style of soccer thats skilful, so theere could be a lot to learn. Arizona Cardinals Chase Edmonds Jersey. Hes been in the game 20 years, and the average length of tenure is 18 months or even less - so hes 10 or 12 times above the average. I always try to meet people whove got more knowledge than me -- so theres plenty to meet.Danny Kerry (Team GB Hockey)Weve got the hockey guy coming in in a week or so [Danny Kerry]. Look at what hes done with his hockey side. If you look on face value at the talent in that team compared to the Holland team, its probably not as great, so his ability to create such a dynamic and hardworking team is fascinating. Well learn a lot from him.And what they learned from him:Alan Pardew on JonesIts nice to hear it from somebody from a different genre, a different field, who carries the weight he does. Weve been quite close since he came over here and a lot of the views he has on trying to get more from individual players and the group run parallel with my own.Hes the coach of England rugby and involved in World Cups with other nations, a multicultural personality and someone who is engaging. If they cant take on his comments then we are in trouble.Arsene Wenger on JonesWe have some common memories. His mother is Japanese, he worked in Japan and I worked in Japan so we spoke a little bit about Japan. We have had a similar career, he is Australian and I am French and you have to love countries like Japan and England because he worked in both.Carlos Puel on JonesIts interesting to meet him and to discuss together tactics in rugby, theres a similarity with football. He makes progress and improves because rugby and football and other sports develop all the time with the personality of the players.The games are different all the time and it is important to follow other perceptions of the sport. It is natural to accept visitors of different sports, different trainers. It is always interesting to share different ideas of football and other sports.I hope what we discussed will help in the match but we will see. Cheap NFL HoodiesCheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys NFL ChinaWholesale NFL Autographed JerseysCheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '